Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions relate to those invited or who qualify to participate (Entrants) in World’s Fastest Gamer (Competition). The Winner will be given the opportunity to take part in a season of racing with R-Motorsport (Prize).
1. The competition is open to invited participants who fulfil the entry criteria described below.
2. To enter this competition Entrants must: (a) be 18 or over; (b) hold a valid passport and be capable of obtaining the appropriate visa to enter the United Kingdom within 2 weeks of notification of entry; (c) have not been convicted of any criminal offences other than driving offences which have not resulted in a ban or more serious sentence in any country in the world; (d) be in good general health to take part in the Competition; (e) not have an existing racing or simulator contract with any motorsports team, body, agent or management company that conflicts with their ability to accept the Prize.
3. By entering the Competition each Entrant promise that they meet the above entry requirements. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Entrants at any time during the Competition or Prize (e.g. by requesting copies of Entrants’ passports, driving licenses, visas where applicable and requesting entrants to undergo a medical if required). Failure to comply with any verification procedures operated by the Promoter will result in disqualification from the Competition and/or withdrawal of the Prize. In the event of any dispute concerning the eligibility of any Entrant to participate in the Competition and/or Prize, the Promoter’s decision shall be final.
Entry invitations and qualifying competitions will take place between July 2019 and September 2019 (Entry Period).
1. There will be two ways to enter the Competition:
a) Invitation from the Promoter.
b) Through organised qualifying events held between July and September 2019. Formats of the qualifying events will vary as will the regulations and qualifying criteria. These events will be announced by the Promoter, during July and August 2019.
2. The Competition will be governed by a Participation Agreement, the content of which will require Entrants to (a) confirm their acceptance of these Terms and Conditions; (b) commit to attending and participating in the entire interview process of up to 14 days at venues in the UK and Switzerland in September and October 2019; (c) commit to taking part full time in all necessary training and gaming events in relation to this Competition; (d) consent to being interviewed, photographed and filmed during all stages of the Competition and Prize and for any resultant footage, stills and audio to be used by the Promoter, for their own promotional purposes in connection with the Competition, the Prize and/or the Game, in perpetuity, in all media; (e) signing a legally binding contract with the Promoter to cover the competition period and a subsequent period to be defined.
3. The following shall be arranged for the qualifying finalists: (a) economy class flights from an international airport in the finalist’s country, or standard fare train/coach travel as
applicable or appropriate, to and from all venues; (b) transfers to and from all venues to and from the relevant airport, train or coach station, as applicable; (c) local accommodation for the interview process; (d) meals and refreshments during the interview process; (e) The finalist is responsible for their transport to and from their home and their nearest international airport or train/coach station. We also strongly recommend that all finalists have in date travel insurance.
1. The Winner will be notified via email by the Promoter as soon as practicable after the Competition has taken place and invited to sign a contract with IDEAS+CARS and R Motorsport relating to the prize.
2. The Winner must sign this contract within seven days of the date the notification is sent by the Promoter.
3. In the event that the Winner fails to claim their Prize within the relevant deadline or is disqualified from the Competition for failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter may at its discretion select a substitute Entrant to become the Winner. Such substitute Entrant will have participated in the same Competition and have achieved the next best overall performance in the Competition.
1. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries will be accepted. No entries not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or any entry instructions will be accepted.
2. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside the Promoter’s reasonable control.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if: (a) it has reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has not fulfilled all the relevant entry criteria; (b) has supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information; (c) is in breach of these Terms and Conditions; (d) has failed to abide by any reasonable instructions given by the Promoter or their representatives during the Competition or the Prize; (e) has failed to compete in the spirit of fair play.
4. The decision of the judges is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or in its absolute discretion if it so wishes to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or any part of it) for an alternative of equal or greater value or to amend, alter or cancel the Competition. No cash alternative will be offered. In the event of cancellation/ amendment of the Competition or substitution of the Prize, the parties expressly agree that, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable laws, the Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation. No correspondence will be entered into.
5. In the event that an Entrant or the Winner is disqualified or is unable to attend any part of the Competition or Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to appoint a substitute Entrant selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, (i) an Entrant can withdraw from participating in the Competition and/or the Prize at any stage;
(ii) The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an Entrant at any stage in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; and (iii) any Entrant who withdraws or is disqualified shall not be entitled to any compensation in relation to such withdrawal or disqualification.
6. No expenses will be covered other than those expressly stated to be covered in these Terms and Conditions.
7. The Promoter shall be responsible for making any relevant travel or accommodation arrangements that are expressly referred to in these Terms and Conditions.
8. Entrants and the Winner must ensure that they are available to attend all aspects of the Competition and, where relevant, any training or racing events forming part of the Prize. The Promoter shall have no liability to an entrant who is unable to attend or take part in the Competition or the Prize (or any part of it) for whatever reason.
9. Motor racing is dangerous and can involve injury or death. By attending any training or racing events forming part of the Competition and/or the Prize, Entrants acknowledge this and confirm that they are aware of the nature of the activity and agree to attend at any racing locations at their own risk. Neither the Promoter, and/or their respective directors, employees, affiliates, agents and/or representatives shall be responsible for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property caused or sustained by any as result of attendance at any racing location, save for liability for death or personal injury arising from any such party’s negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything else that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
10. The Entrants’ and Winner’s details (name and country) will be made available on the Promoter’s website(s). Entrants/participants hereby consent to the disclosure of such personal data on such website(s).
11. Entrants and the Winner of any part of the Prize shall co- operate with any reasonable publicity arising from this Competition and/or the Prize.
12. The Promoter (or any third party nominated by the Promoter) may exercise its sole discretion to use Entrants’ and Winner’s, name and image and their comments relating to the Prize or Competition for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in connection with the Prize or Competition in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
13. The Winner of the Prize may be required to pay tax on the Prize in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation.
14. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from running the Competition.
2. By entering the Competition, all Entrants will have consented to the transfer of their Personal Data to the Promoter and their agents for the purposes of the administration of this Competition and the Prize. The Promoter shall be the data controller of all Personal Data collected by the Promoter during the Competition, for the purposes of data protection regulations.
3. The Promoter confirms that all Personal Data requested from an Entrant is necessary for the purposes of that Entrant participating in the Competition and/or obtaining the Prize. Entrants shall be entitled to access, rectify, complete, update, block or delete their Personal Data or to object to its processing by written communication to the Promoter. Personal Data on Entrants’ health will only be processed by the Promoter, and/or those designated medical services providers exclusively for assessing the Entrants’ suitability for participating in the relevant stages of the Competition.